The goal of the EE-SCMS Core Communication Requirements section is to define all requirements that an EE must follow whenever establishing a connection to the SCMS.
Individual requirements shall be labeled with their respective use case(s).
In cases where a specific use case has a conflicting requirement, that use case shall define the new requirement and reference which core requirement is being overridden.
Background and Strategic Fit
IP Address Translation
- Prevent SCMS component (RA, CRL Store, etc.) from learning location information based on the IP address of the EE.
- LOP & SCMS Component must have adequate separation.
- Provide a means to verify the identity of the SCMS component by using x.509 1-way authentication.
- Encryption is an added privacy preserving enhancement but not a core requirement.
IEEE 1609.2 Encrypting and/or Signing
- Provides application layer security and privacy.
Diagrams of Communications Methods
Existing JIRA Issues with "EE-Handshake" Label
Existing JIRA Issues with OBE or RSE Component